Following a serious illness or surgery, you may need temporary nursing and rehabilitative care before returning to your home. Our short-term rehabilitation service allows you to heal and regain your optimal level of functioning with confidence and independence without the fear of becoming a burden to the people you love.
Short-term care is ideal for you if you are well enough to leave the hospital but need temporary assistance in the following areas before going home.
- daily self-care
- surgical site care
- medical monitoring
- pain management
Your physician directs your medical care while our highly skilled team of nurses, therapists and other professionals work together to meet your medical and rehabilitation needs.
Peabody Manor offers the services you need for recovery:
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- physical, occupational and speech therapies
- training and preparation for returning independently to your home
- medication management
- therapeutic menus coordinated by a licensed dietitian and served in an attractive dining room
- religious services and activities
- recreational and entertainment programs
- social services to help you and your family adjust to life changes and coordinate appropriate discharge planning
We receive high scores from patients and families for our cleanliness, friendly staff, high staff-to-patient ratio and excellent clinical care.
“I could not have found any better care than the care I received at Peabody Manor. The nurses and aides are exceptional. As for the therapy staff, I could not praise them enough; they are so dedicated to each patient and truly sincere about their professions.”
– Marie J. Tanks, Peabody Manor
Short-Term Rehabilitation Patient